Thursday, September 29, 2011

Dale Day 2:
Note: I basically never measure. No clue on how much water, just have something available all day. In the form of kombucha, green tea, ginager tea, or just water.
5:15 - I have to set an alarm :) had a fermented 15g perfect protein, 1 Perfect Ration Omega
5:35 - WOD (9:27 total time), @ CF Solafide, I was late so add to it 10 burpees.

6:15 - Max Recovery - Lowers inflammation and restores electrolytes
7am - blueberry smoothie, same as yesterday just w/o strawberries
- why add turmeric? - It lowers inflammation done from workout, and acts as a digestive enzyme.

10:30 2 free range eggs w/ yolk w/ cayenne pep, sea salt, turmeric, black pep, 1/2 sweet potato with sea salt and cinnamon
Juiced 1.5 carrots, chunk of ginger, bell pep, small cucumber, granny smith apple

2:30 - Salad (mixed greens, banana pep, red pep, 5 cherry tomatoes, 2 tbs hummus, 1/2 avocado, 1 raw okra, cayenne pep, curry, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, brags amino's), glass of kombucha

4:30 - ginger tea

545 - body detox,

8:30 - Dinner, diced (okra, 2 red peps, 2 jalapenos, 1/2 small egg plant, spiced w/ turmeric/curry, sea salt, black pep, garlic, cayenne pep., cooked in coconut oil.) Free range chicken liver and gizzards. Note: liver is a high source of B12, folate, selenium, riboflavin, Vit. A! And one of the best sources of Iron, so ladies, eat up! :) I also had a cup of edamame from the CSA. Soy is only eaten when green or fermented. I also will not eat genetically modified either (not sure if Doalnara uses non GMO seed though! so right now it was on faith. will be looking into it though.) more Kombucha and water.

9 - 5000 IU Vit. D/probiotic, Vit. C 600mg

Just before bed - large clove of raw garlic, water with (juiced ginger, apple cider vinegar, tsp raw honey) Note: the raw garlic is how I've managed to stay single all these years. lol



7 comments:

  1. I'm greatly confused on this whole "probiotic" intake with meals :-/ The probiotic course I took (and personal studies) all say that probiotics should be taken on an empty stomach, if not they just act as a digestive enzyme. On an empty stomach the bacteria has a chance to colonize the gut and replenish the flora, if there's food that's a lot harder cause it's undergoing digestion. :-/ Not challenging you at all, but am sincerely interested in why you do that :-) At the store, even though we're doctors, we still gotta suttlley (if you will, thanks to FDA) recommend stuff to folks. My boss is very very adamant about us knowing ailments and what we sell and how those products help the body etc etc. Her goal is not to ever "have us be like GNC and just sell people stuff just to sell" but to truly authentically help people. So we're always interested in learning more and more ways to further help people with herbs, vitamins, minerals, probiotics etc etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops! Meant to say even though we're NOT doctors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sarah, that is actually a very good point to make. The Vit. D/Plus probiotics is a 1 billion micro organisms maintenance dose and I put it in the protein to aid in digestion of the protein, making more bio-available. But you are absolutely correct that the best way to culture the gut is to get the probiotics past the stomach and into the lower digestive tract before it is released. I consume so much probiotics is why I will take that with other things. But for patients and others the initial best thing to do is take 100-200 billion live cultures on an empty stomach. that is the "therapeutic" dosage. Great point and hopefully that will help others who may have had the same question!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The main thing the probiotics do for the protein is ferment it just a little bit and that makes it more bio-available and if there happens to be anything in the protein that may be a "sugar" the bacteria would break that down. Even though the protein I use is complete free of sugar and only uses stevia to sweeten it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the heads up! :-) Say, it's so refreshing to see someone else drink as much kombucha as I do :-)) If our bodies didn't require so much water, I could live off kombucha! I've had two people tell me that it was bad for you, I'm like noooo. Lol. One of the people told me they read it in a magazine, weird. Anyway, I love the stuff. I'd considered making my own, but I just don't ferment as much stuff as I use to. I've gotten lazy I guess :-/ it's easier just to buy it. Although when I was to ferment my own coconut kefir and yogurt, they both tasted better than the store ones. My kimchi too, I always preferred my home made one. The kombucha though, I'm a hooked on the store one, I'd be afraid a home made one would be disapointing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. someone has told me the same about drinking too much. Now from what I have read, a person could get a yeast infection but that would most likely happen if the person didnt have enough good bacteria in their system. Also it can affect the potency of drugs, but in that case I say the person needs to get healthy enough to not need the drugs! Sad that some people are told not to eat, drink, healthy things because they are taking drugs. Its like a "trap"! Ok back to the topic... Fermented foods are often time "super" foods so yes you totally should get back to it!

    ReplyDelete