Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Dale's Pre-photos 4 weeks post Ironman Louisville, KY



Obviously I have never done before pics. Lol! Now this is 4 weeks after Ironman Louisville. for the last 4 years I have primarily focussed on endurance training, which for distances of 2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike and a marathon, you body is very catabolic. This means muscle definition is more difficult to maintain. For the next 30 days I will not only be training for a marathon in Dec. but I will be incorporating CrossFit twice a week. I will also be following a "weight optimization" nutrition plan to lean out. I will be consuming primarily a "ketogenic diet," higher fat content, adequate protein, and lower carbohydrates. This is NOT the typical diet consumed by most endurance athletes! Watch and see how the combination of nutrition and anaerobic exercise improves both performance and muscle definition.

No comments:

Post a Comment