Monday, October 17, 2011

Day 19 - 20 Dale
So of course after I watched my sis and her whole family suffer throw a stomach bug.  I of course got it on sunday.  So all I had to eat that day was 2 small gluten free blueberry pancakes with raspberries and blueberries warmed in a pan with a little bit of raw honey for topping. I also had 3 over easy eggs with turmeric, sea salt, and black pep.  Sadly the rest of the day the only thing I could take in was water.  In the evening I had a little kombucha.

I must say I really enjoy the races like Ironman and other distance racing events but it is a fact that you will put your body under a significant amount of stress during those competitions.  Thus when I do get "sick" its always after one of those longer races.  Its very rare but I know it lowers my bodies defenses after a race like that.  Endurance sports do increase cortisol release which does suppress the immune system at higher levels.

Oh and to help me recover sunday night I took garlic and Vit. D/probiotics

Day- 20

I had a coconut milk/choc. protein shake in the morning with my omegas.
Water between then.  Stomach still not fully recovered.
1pm- mixed greens salad as shown below with a salmon patty.

Then for dinner I sampled to many dishes to try and list. All from the Maximized Living Nutritions plan book.  We had a Recipe night at the office where staff and patients all bring a dish they choose to make out of the book and we all enjoy eating healthy/tasty food together.  I highly recommend the raw pumpkin pie!  I think Nicole's recipe I will be trying myself very soon as well!

At home I ate a little free range chicken and some broccoli and cauliflower salad.  

Mid shift I also took my daily detox, vit. C, and Vit. D.

Now off to bed to be up for the WOD tomorrow at 5:30!


No comments:

Post a Comment