Sunday, October 30, 2011

Weekend
So, sorry I havent kept up over the weekend.  I really think most of you are getting the picture as far as what I eat, and the supplements that I take.  So the main things I am going to blog about from now on are what has changed, why I eat what I eat/supplement with, and the other factors that I focus on to keep me healthy.

So I love racing/competing!  Sat. morning was the AP 5k.  Finished 4th with a time of 18:05.  So very pleased with that.  course was just a little long.  I felt very strong!  I feel a big difference in my muscle soreness after my races and workouts.  I am not sure if this is because of the Max fit, Max recovery, or the 2 CF WOD's each week I have now incorporated.  Though I am not typically sore after the WODs either so I am thinking that the Max Recovery has been helping with what it should, which is reducing post workout inflammation and increase tissue recovery.   I know for a fact though that the biggest gains in speed have been from the CF.  This has given me a lot more muscle endurance and power in my run!  I need to focus just a little more on my run training and then I feel as though I will have a much better tri season next year!  Also ran 6.5 mi today.  The CRC(Clarksville Running Club) has a 5k fun run/race the last sunday of each month at 3pm.  come on out for some friendly competition!

Meals were basically the same - eggs for breakfast, granny smith apple, smoothie before race, deer steak.  I had deer liver the night before the race, I wanted to try that because liver has a lot of iron and B Vit.'s in it.  Not sure if it helped or not.

Turnip fries - just slice turnips into french fry sized pieces and then bake in the oven on a medium to lower heat till somewhat crispy on the outside.  We just added sea salt and they were really good!

Made venison burgers with sliced onion and diced garlic in them.

Curry lentil soup w/ quinoa - Lentils, curry, coconut milk, onions, pepper, sea salt, cayenne, mixed into a pan and simmered till lentils were soft enough and then poured over the quinoa. REALLY GOOD!

Felt kinda funny on Sat. because I set up a table at the "Fright on Franklin" trick or treat for the kids and handed out real fruit candy from "yummyeath inc." and then handed out flyers to the parents about our diabetes talk I will be doing at the office on Nov. 7, at 6:45pm in my office. I actually had one parent make a smart remark because I was telling all the kids that the candy was made of real fruit and that it wasnt gonna be "as bad" for them as the other candy.  I guess one dad thought I was trying to tell the kids that their parents were hurting them or something.  Not real sure.

Couple more pieces of dark choc.  Also choc coconut milk ice-cream!  Barely ever have this stuff but I do like it occasionally.

I plan to take another pic in the next day or so but really havent been trying to lean out that much.  just basically living out my normal life and just adding in CF. I have gain muscle definition I feel.  I plan to "lean out" with a ketogenic diet after my CSA box of veggies stops coming.  I just cant let my veggies go to waste!

Oh if any one wants to come to the Diabetes talk on the 7th at 6:45pm, call the office to reserve a seat: 931-591-2010.  Free to the public and we will be looking at how to reverse diabetes through chiropractic, nutrition, exercise, detox, etc.

Some may ask how does "chiropractic" help diabetes. Well I use a study done in the Journal of Surgical Neurology International from Sept. 2, 2010: "Type 2 diabetes, a central nervous system etiology." In this research they did de-compressive surgery to diabetics brain stems and were able to instantaneously improve blood sugar regulation and reverse it in some patients. See instead of using surgery to remove pressure from nerves and the spinal cord when I adjust people and teach them postural alignment exercises we can take pressure off and then allow the body to regulate and maintain the bodies blood sugar and other physiological function just as well!

Alright well good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment